maandag 7 januari 2008

start-up

I've been thinking about a lot of things. My aunt, being ill and in the hospital, and me not being able to go home before 2009. I've decided to try my best to send out as many stories as I can this year.

***

Homefront

On the homefront, classes have started up. Today was really windy weather. It took such effort to keep from being blown off the bike today. Phew! What a wind that was.

The start of classes also represents the return of my piano and voice students. Yay! I had three students today and I am soooo glad they're back. I loved the vacation, but Lord knows I am thankful for the cash :)

***
Marktplaats

I've also managed to find a decent buyer for Jan's flying overalls through Marktplaats. I shall check and see if he's sent his payment, then I can put the package in the post.

There's something sad/nostalgic about saying goodbye to these bits and pieces of Jan's life before he married me.

Life does change and we are creating our own adventures together. Secretly, I hope he does get to keep some of the stuff. I mean, he used to love gliding.

Going to take some pics of stuff that could be sellable. I've got this once used babybag,something for the baby chair, some baby clothes that have only been worn once and a shantala bath tub. It won't bring in big cash, but at least, it will create room in our already overcrowded attic.

***
The writing life

I've had two recent acceptances. One story which is coming out at the end of this month and the other at a date not yet known. I did sign contracts and all that already.

I've been writing lots. Since last week, I've completed two new short stories, I've completed the rough draft on another one, and I have submitted a grand total of three stories.

This year should see an increase in my rejection-acceptance ration as my submission ratio increases. I have determined to submit at least 10 stories this year. Biting the bit and doing it too. Kill that pain.

I shall also try to write at least 10 new completed stories this year and I shall do my best to complete rewrites on at least five of the stories stored away and waiting for the final version.

I shall also have to do something with 59 Beads as I haven't touched it yet. It needs a good look-over. I just might do a complete rewrite and retitle the thing into the bargain.

***

Geen opmerkingen: