woensdag 2 januari 2008

Sale Season is ON

Sale season is on and shops everywhere are busy, busy, busy. Most of the shoppers are moms like me. Budget-conscious housewives who know that this time of year is the ideal time to go shopping for next year's winter clothes, and this time of year is perfect to buy your son the "brand name" shoe he's been begging you for since the start of the school year.

This sale season, I bought myself a lovely thick winter coat and next year's supply of winter pants. I also got the coolest jeans for Joel Jan and a very, very hip vest (which he totally loves) at a buy three and pay for two sale. I think we've done quite well. Samuel's been the really lucky one though. We've had a fresh staple of clothing delivered to our doorstep for free. All these lovely things are inherited from the children of friends who've outgrown them and they look barely used.

This afternoon's fun was a visit to the town of Gouda where they've set up this skating rink. Joel went skating with Karin (his niece) and with a friend we run into. It was a lovely afternoon. Quite chilly, but wonderful.

I think of how much pleasure can be had from watching our kids enjoy themselves. The highlight of the afternoon was seeing Joel's look of pride when he realized he could really skate. I'm glad there's no pricetag on that particular item.

Geen opmerkingen: