vrijdag 18 januari 2008

The Nibud Agenda

I love the Nibud Agenda. It's a little thing with spaces for daily appointments, columns for monies received and monies paid out, and it's also got a planner that's meant to help families figure out how much they are spending on clothes, gifts, transportation and all that. It's like a mini-accounting book, only it's less complicated.

What I've been doing is using this agenda not only to note down my weekly and daily appointments, but I also have been noting down how much I spend every week on groceries, visits to the shops, gifts, etc. etc.

I also have tried to keep a record of monies received from my piano students and other stuff.

I've only been using this agenda since the start of this month, and the idea is to list down all expenses for an entire month before doing a sum-up and deciding what has to go and what gets to stay.

I've been really thrifty this week. Mainly because I've been unable to bike with my thumb still swollen up and painful. The pain has receded as has the swelling, but I haven't been out of the house since Tuesday afternoon when I managed to slam the backdoor on it.

Sometime next week, I'll have to sit down and do my balancing act. With my piano students back to their regular schedules, it'll possible for me to calculate how long it will take me to save up for things I really want/need.

Geen opmerkingen: