woensdag 1 oktober 2008

Philippine Specfic discussions

The TOC for Philippine Speculative Fiction IV is now up on Dean's blog. You can go there or you can click on the link to the TOC from here.

Catching up on my blogreading, there's a lot of discussion going on in the blogosphere concerning Filipino speculative fiction and what it is. I've tried to follow links to the discussions whenever I can, but I do have a busy toddler, so that makes posting and responding to posts rather challenging.

Anyway, I do have my own thoughts on labelling and on the subject of speculative fiction...in fact, I question how some folks are quick to call something non-literary, when we all know that only time will tell whether something is literary or not. Not so long ago, I put this question to my aunt, and she told me it's all a matter of semantics, and actually, given time the stories we write today will be labelled "literary" and "classic" in the far, far future. I suppose this means when we're all long dead and buried and by then it's quite possible that another revolution will have started up to turn the entire "literary scene" on its head.

Anyway, Dean Alfar has got this excellent post about speculative fiction and I think he's got all the links to every other major post.

2 opmerkingen:

Jewel Allen zei

Will check out his site more at length. I am excited to find more Filipino writers out there in your part of the blogosphere :-)

rcloenen-ruiz zei

I'd forgotten that it was Justin who introduced us. I was thinking it was Rod (another filipino writer) and so I assumed you already knew everything about the specfic community in Ph. *does the forehead slap*

If I hadn't been so busy with this and that I would have thought to tell you about the anthology call for subs. Next time, I'll make a note to post reminders.