vrijdag 10 oktober 2008

The Dress





Thought I'd post some pictures of the dress I've been working on. It's been quite an experience...took me longer than I'd bargained for, but it was a learning thing. I love the material on the bodice, and I like that the skirt flares just the way it should. Hemming it was a bit of a nightmare though. I shall now go and iron the thing, and I just remembered I'm supposed to make a mini-version for the doll the little girl is going to carry (waaah). I think the doll should be fairly easy. I'm planning to just give it a handkerchief skirt attached to a bodice similar to this dress.

4 opmerkingen:

Maria Zannini zei

This is beautiful, Rochita! I never knew you were so talented. I can barely thread a needle most days. *g*

I am always impressed with people who can sew entire garments. It's a wonderful talent.

rcloenen-ruiz zei

Thanks, Maria. And thanks for dropping by. Sewing is pretty handy, but I don't have all the gadgets the true hobbyist owns. For instance, a true sewing afficionada would have an edging machine to give those edges a professional looking trim. I make do with the zigzag function on my machine.

Mrs. Thoughtskoto zei

thats a super talent! I can't but sew a simple pillow case only. I envy you!

rcloenen-ruiz zei

Hi Mrs. Thoughtskoto,

I love your pic :) I think they make sewing over here quite simple. I mean, they sell the patterns in books, so once you have a pattern of something you like making, it's easy to just re-use it for something else, using different cloth.

I haven't been sewing a lot lately. too busy.