zaterdag 9 februari 2008

America, land of the beautiful, the good and bla, bla, bla

America,land of the beautiful, land of the good...land of the bla, bla, bla. Leigh Dragoon posted the link to this article: Veterans having no legal right to specific types of medical care, the Bush administration argues in a lawsuit accusing the government of illegally denying mental health treatment to some troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Reading it made me feel really sick. I wouldn't be human if this didn't move me one bit. Talk about all kinds of ways in which the Bush Administration has failed to show it has a heart.

I remember seeing a clip on youtube about a young soldier. He was crouched down under a table or a bench during mortar fire. The young soldier just kept on crying and repeating over and over again, oh god, oh god, let it stop.

I question a government that drafts young men and pushes them into a war they didn't ask for. I question a government that does not have the heart to care for the needs of these young men when war has broken and shattered pieces of who they are forever.

Geen opmerkingen: