zondag 18 november 2007

After writing the previous entry (wat ik eigenlijk wou zeggen), I had to think about how this desire to be a part of the community is what sometimes pushes migrants to alienate themselves from the base community.

I wonder how much this wanting to be /included/or /part of/ community prompts the migrant to spend over his/her budget. How much of our overspending is prompted by wanting to show that we are the same/worthy of being the same/worthy of being seen as equal?

I don't need a Dutch person to tell me there is no discrimination. I, the migrant, I know it does exist...

In being /real/ and true about the state of my economics, I am stating how I am just as equal and just as worthy as folks who were born in this beautiful country. So what if I wear a coat from H&M, so what if I still wear last year's colors. My clothes/my color/my state of economics/ these don't define the person that I am.

Geen opmerkingen: