dinsdag 23 september 2008

Joel's plans for the future

I'm in some weird shopping/windowshopping phase. I can't seem to keep from browsing online shops and thinking up lists of things I would like to buy. In fact, the only reason I haven't headed out to the shops is because my eldest son did not feel in the mood to go shopping with me. So, I had to stay home even if Tuesday is a non-piano lesson day.

In the long run, I'm thankful he didn't want to go. I think I might have ended up buying lots of things that I would later regret. It must be hormones or something. because for some reason I've been having attacks of these huge buying impulses.

It's quite possible though that this buying urge stems from me not losing weight as fast as I would like to. I have to keep reminding myself that weight will not fly off in one-click.

#

During our nephew's wedding reception ( Friday evening), eldest son and I sneaked out while the rest of the gang were going wild on the dance floor. He said he had something important to tell me and so we went out and had ourselves a nice walk and a surprising chat in which he divulged his plans for the future.

Joel: I know what I want to do when I'm done with school.

Me: What's that? (I'm prepared for the train engineer or conductor answer)

Joel: I want to put up a publishing company. I'll publish magazines for all different ages and each magazine will be accompanied by a book.

Me: Sounds like a good idea. You'll have to attract good writers though.

Joel: That's why I want you to be my foremost writer.

Me: Say that again.

Joel: I think you're stories are really good and I want to publish all of them.

Me: Uh---yeah...wow...gee... (I never saw that coming)

Joel: And you'll have to write more stories because we have to cater to kids under three years old as well as kids from three to six, seven to twelve, twelve to sixteen and sixteen and above.

Me: That's a lot.

Joel: I know what we'll call the entire publication.

Me: What?

Joel: We'll call it Metropole three.

Me: Why?

Joel: I like how that sounds...

If fate doesn't intervene and change his mind...expect Metropole three to launch some twenty or so years from now.

1 opmerking:

Jewel Allen zei

Sounds like a super fan!! :-) Don't you love it when kids say nice things about your stories?